Improve our quality standards, work closely with dairy suppliers, and support our Mars growth. Are you the auditing professional that can effectively manage this dynamic role?
Quality Assurance Technologist (Dairy Suppliers)
Location: Veghel, The Netherlands
Ensuring supplier quality: meeting our high standards for dairy quality as a Quality Assurance Technologist
Together with our Commercial Supplier Quality Assurance team, you will develop new and existing dairy suppliers to meet our growth targets. How? By developing and implementing a strong quality strategy for our dairy supply. Your relationship with internal customers is critical for understanding the needs of the business and the technical requirements for raw materials. You will deal with mainly high-risk raw materials from around 30 to 35 suppliers for all of our Chocolate sites in EMEA.
You’re responsible for our SQA process with suppliers: you proactively ensure SQA systems are in place to meet our Q&FS standards and enable delivery of materials to our MARS sites. Your playing field includes working closely with internal departments, suppliers and regional and global stakeholders.
You ensure the quality of our raw materials by:
- continuously reviewing and driving improvement of our quality standards through supplier auditing, risk management and influencing the dairy supply base;
- supporting our global dairy community by driving global standardisation of specifications, supplier requirements and validation programmes;
- leading supplier audits and building technical partnerships to deliver according to SQA quality performance metrics;
- defining quality targets for our suppliers and delivering year-on-year reduction in supplier non-conformance to support factory efficiency;
working closely with dairy strategic sourcing managers, and supporting the creation and implementation of the Regional Dairy Sourcing strategies.
Are you able to facilitate and lead technical work streams with suppliers?
The ability to manage projects and set priorities is what we are looking for in our ideal Mars Associate. You’re confident and persuasive, and you can easily communicate clearly with suppliers to maintain established relationships. In order to manage incidents and root cause analysis effectively, we need you to be analytical and have good problem-solving skills. You’re eager to learn, always keep up-to-date with technical developments in the industry, and quickly adopt IT systems. In addition, you can handle several high-profile projects over the same timeline.
You tick all the following boxes:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in food science/technology, chemistry or microbiology
- At least 2 years’ experience in supplier auditing, preferably as an LRQA lead auditor
- 5 years’ experience in an FMCG or raw material processing environment, preferably in dairy materials
- Good knowledge of raw material conversion processes and FMCG supply chain demands
- Familiar with quality management tools and techniques, including SPC, LEAN and HACCP
Willingness to travel in Europe for supplier auditing and meetings (up to 30% of your time)
Freedom to explore, discover and pursue your passions: your career at Mars
We take pride in our unique way of doing business and believe there’s more to business than just making profit. We offer you an opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for yourself, for those around you, and for the planet.
We’ll challenge you every step of the way, and provide you with the tools you need to do a great job and the best possible people on your side. Learn, expand, dream and develop.
- Above-average annual wages and flexible working hours
- 25 days of annual leave and 2 collective days off
- Unique development programmes, provided by our award-winning Mars University
Benefits that make your life easier and more fun, including your own company pension scheme, life insurance, a company phone and laptop, and corporate gym memberships
Be part of something bigger. Are you ready to impact our dairy world at Mars?
Grow your career now: apply online by using the 'Apply' button and invest in your future.
For more information, please contact Melanie Grooten of our Recruitment team on +31 (0)413 38 37 30.
Doing business with purpose: meet Mars
We operate in 180 countries around the world and are the ambassador for our biggest global chocolate, gum and confectionery brands. Some of our leading brands include M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Skittles and UNCLE BEN’S. We aim to make the world a better place while delivering superior results and growth we are proud of. Together we can create a successful and sustainable future.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Solliciteer op deze functie